The kitchen is often the most used room in the entire house. Not only does your family hang out here, but you also entertain, prepare meals and do so much more in this space! Therefore, this space needs to stay clean, but is often the hardest to maintain since it is used so often and for so many different things. Here are 5 quick and effective kitchen cleaning tips that you can use to keep your kitchen maintenance manageable and under control.
- Microwaves are often forgotten when you go to clean the kitchen. Frequently, meals are made here in a hurry, so people forget to clean them up or notice any spills and splatters. Stains and food can end up sitting on the walls and the base of the microwave for a long time, making clean ups a big challenge since the food is often hardened and stubborn. A great idea is to put about 4 or 5 paper towel sheets in the microwave that have been dampened with water. Once inside, let the microwave run for about 3 minutes. This allows the water from the towels to turn into steam, loosening the grime and debris from the interior of the microwave oven, making it infinitely easier to clean and remove leftover particles.
- Clean granite and marble countertops regularly to reduce damage. Only use cleaners specified for these surfaces to avoid problems. Regular home cleaners often contain alcohol which can eat away at these types of countertops. Also, be sure to use coasters to avoid developing stains and water marks on your counter, preserving their quality and integrity for many years to come!
- Wipe down your stove burners and clean your range from Range Hoods Inc.Whether your stove burners are gas or electric, they will need to be cleaned every so often. Gas burners should be removed and cleaned by hand with some soap and water to reduce build up and discoloration. Some gas burners can even go in the dishwasher, making this process way easier! You can also wipe gas or electric stove tops down with a damp cloth if you don’t have time to remove the plates. Finally, wipe the entire stove down to remove any food particles.
- Don’t have time to mop your entire kitchen floor? Invest in an easy to use Swiffer. These Swiffer mops have disposable wet pads that quickly attach. You can then run this mop over the entire floor to disinfect, clean and allow the floor to shine. Plus, it won’t take a long time to dry!
- Finally, be sure to purge your refrigerator at least once a month. If you don’t do this on a scheduled basis, it can get out of control! First, get rid of anything expired so it is not used or eaten by accident! Then, get rid of things that are empty, or use up items if there is a little bit left. This will give you more space and help to keep your kitchen organized and presentable!
Keeping your kitchen clean can be challenging when you use it often, but taking the time to keep up with these simple cleaning tasks can make a significant difference on the appearance and organization of your kitchen space. Whether you kitchen just went through a kitchen remodeling process or is original to the house, you can keep it looking its very best!